Q. What is the pass mark for the ISTQB Advanced courses?
- The pass mark for ALL three ISTQB Advanced exams is 65% (Please note this is 65% and NOT a score of 65 out of 100)
- Each exam has a different number of questions: Test Manager = 65, Test Analyst = 60, Technical Test Analyst = 45. The pass mark for each one is 65%
Q. How much does the BCS (formally ISEB) ISTQB Foundation course in software testing cost?
- The price of the classroom ISTQB training course is £750 + VAT. This includes the exam fee
- If you have taken the course with another training provider and need to do the exam, you can purchase this at www.pearsonvue.com for £135
Please check the software testing training course schedule for specific dates and course locations
Q. Do the prices quoted include the exam fee?
- All quotes and prices include the exam fee unless otherwise stated.
Q. Can I purchase an exam without the training course?
- You must attend an accredited training course before you can attend a public exam run by Testing Solutions Group.
- You can book an online exam independently at www.pearsonvue.com
- You can book a public exam independently with BCS
Q. How can I book a training course?
- You can book and pay on our website by selecting the course you wish to book
- Visit our Contact Us page
Q. Is there any advice or exam practice for the course?
Yes. We have a number of videos that our trainers have put together
- Visit our Social Hub
- There are videos associated with individually courses if you select the course you are looking for
Q. Where can I take the ISTQB and other software testing training courses?
The training course locations available are:
Please Contact Us for specific dates and course locations as these may vary
Q. Is the ISEB Foundation course the same as the ISTQB Foundation course?
Yes. Please check our Your Questions Answered document document for further details
Q. Do I have to do the BCS (formally ISEB) ISTQB Foundation course in software testing before I can do the other certificated software testing training courses?
Yes. The BCS (formally ISEB) ISTQB Foundation course in software testing is compulsory before moving on to the BCS (formally ISEB) Intermediate or any of the ISTQB Advanced courses
Q. What courses can I do after the BCS (formally ISEB) ISTQB Foundation course in software testing?
- Intermediate – this bridges the gap between the BCS (formally ISEB) ISTQB Foundation and the ISTQB Advanced courses. It may be useful if you took the BCS (formally ISEB) ISTQB Foundation course a while ago or if you are not ready to move to the ISTQB Advanced courses that are role based
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager course
- ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst course
- ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst course
To find out more about the training courses we offer and the ones suitable for your job role, please see our training portfolio
Q. What is Agile testing?
- Our agile quick reference guide is very useful to introduce Agile testing
- Agile Training Courses
- Agile testing Services
Q. Is there a certification for Agile testing?
Yes. The iSQI Certified Agile Tester training course was introduced in early 2011:
Q. How can I pay for my ISTQB and other training course?
- You can book and pay on our website using the secure system by selecting the course and date you wish to book
- Booking with a member of the team - Contact Us
- We will send you a booking form
- When your booking is confirmed an invoice will be raised and sent to the address you put on the form
- Once you receive the invoice you can call us to pay using a credit or debit card – details are provided on the invoice
- If you are booking through an organisation that uses a PO system, please include the PO number and address to send the invoice when your booking is confirmed and payment will be arranged through your organisation
Q. Can I pay using American Express?
No. Unfortunately our systems are unable to take payment from American Express